Immigrants and expats

voor inwoners, met gemeenten

Have you been referred by the immigration and naturalisation service (IND) for a tuberculosis (TB) test? Not everyone needs to take a tuberculosis test.

Take your passport or ID card and the completed form Referral form TB test with you when you visit the GGD (Public Health Service of Amsterdam). After the test has been administered, the GGD will fill in the rest of the form and send it to the IND.

  • Have you arrived from a country where tuberculosis (TB) is widespread?
    You are advised to have yourself tested for tuberculosis every six months for two years. You will receive a request to attend the GGD for this follow-up test.
  • Does my child need to be tested?
    Children under the age of 18 will be tested by means of a tuberculin skin test (Mantoux test). This test can reveal whether your child has been infected with the tuberculosis bacteria. You will need to return to the tuberculosis department two or three days later. The tuberculin skin test can then be assessed by the GGD official. The test is not dangerous.